Children are admitted to St John’s Primary School in line with the Stockton LA Admissions Policy. The Admissions Officer can be contacted for guidance:
Education Dept, Municipal Buildings, Church Road, Stockton, TS18 1XE
Tel: 01642 393939
Children are admitted into Nursery as soon after their third birthday as we can but sometimes we are full and need to have a waiting list. The list is kept in the school office; please make sure that you have filled in a form to enrol your child before his/her third birthday. When a place is available a member of the Foundation Stage Team will arrange to visit you and your child at home. A booklet telling you more about the Nursery will be given to you.
From September 2018 we will be offering provision for 2 year olds. If you wish to enquire about this, please speak to the school office or the nursery staff.
School has 2 Enhanced Provisions
Entry Criteria (through the Local Authority)
Cognition and Learning
Cognition and Learning is their primary need
• Has a substantial level of learning difficulty.
Developmentally they are performing at or below the 2nd centile
• Their audit band for Cognition and Learning is 4 or 5 from the Stockton Borough Council (SBC) provision guidance
Physical and Medical
Physical and/or medical is their primary need
• Their audit band for sensory and/or physical is 4 or 5 from the SBC provision guidance
• There is evidence of significant physical/medical need from a medical professional
• A medical/personal care plan is in place with significant adaptations from the home /school
Once a child is allocated a place in the EMS, a period of transition will begin, where the teacher will visit the child in their own setting.
The child will then visit our school and meetings with parents and school staff (teacher, SENDCo etc) will be set up.
Everyone Different, Everyone Loved